Technical Sales – HPC
Nordfjordeid/Remote | Sales and Marketing | Full-time | Hybrid work location
About the employer
Lefdal Mine Datacenter (LMD) is Europe’s leading data center facility for High-Performance Computing and high-density workloads. With nearly unlimited amounts of renewable energy, a power grid of 2,500MW, among the lowest power prices in Europe, and being in a mountain hall facility, enabling low implementation and lease cost, the unique value proposition from LMD is in the forefront of the industry.
LMD is located at Lefdal in Nordfjord, with a Sales Office at Nordfjordeid. The company has 120.000m2 of whitespace available to build future IT infrastructure in data halls and container solutions depending on customer needs and preferences. The company is growing and has strong financial ownership through Columbia Threadneedle ESIF – a global investment fund that primarily invests in European green infrastructure and Rittal Gmbh – a global supplier of IT solutions, hardware, infrastructure, and cloud solutions.
About the role
LMD is offering a prime opportunity for an experienced sales professional to join and complement the sales team. As an Account Executive for HPC, you will be responsible for pursuing new High-Performance Computing (HPC) business opportunities across different industries, leveraging your relationship-building and negotiating skills, driving proactive campaigns to build the pipeline, and managing the entire sales process including prospecting, developing business proposals, responding to RFPs, developing customer presentations and selling solutions. You feel passionate about technology and data center solutions with a laser focus on the customers, both as a trusted advisor and in driving sales. You will manage outbound sales, contract negotiations, and customer relations.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Develop, execute, and close strategic business opportunities based on your book of business, network, and industry knowledge.
- Identify key decision makers at an account level and establish and develop executive-level relationships with potential clients and key decision makers.
- Establishing a trusted advisor relationship by providing advice and guidance during all aspects of the engagement.
- Develop a strong understanding of companies’ technology infrastructure, strategy, and business requirements.
- Networking with new and existing accounts, to maintain and grow the business.
- Lead and coordinate complex, team selling efforts with internal and external partners.
- Writing proposals and responding to tender documents and RFIs.
- Successfully negotiate with internal and external partners as well as end-user customers.
- Manage customer relationships post-sale; including a strategy to close repeat business.
- Accurately forecast sales figures and projections.
- Manage accurate data and record keeping in SalesForce.com to increase customer satisfaction and revenue.
- Consistent communication with management including sales reports.
- Meet committed revenue goals and actively participate to grow top-line revenue.
- Increase awareness in the market and build relationships with existing partners.
- Balancing outbound sales and internal stakeholder management.
- Attend conventions, conferences, and events to increase LMD’s industry presence. Prepare pre- and post-event activities and analysis.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS or BA) in business/management-related field or equivalent.
- 3+ years of related sales and technical experience in High-Performance Computing, with direct interaction with clients.
- Proven experience with complex B2B sales cycle processes for large companies or HPC HW equipment.
- Knowledge of the HPC sales cycle, as well as the challenges and how to identify solutions to meet those challenges.
- Excellent knowledge of industry trends and the competitive landscape.
- Prior experience working with global customers and technology partners.
- HPC sales experience dealing with customers in the public sector is preferred.
- Consistent track record of meeting or exceeding assigned jobs or targets.
- Fluent in English for professional business communication. German language is a plus.
- Strong written and in-person communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate LMD’s value proposition.
- Ability to establish a professional, working, and consultative, relationship with potential clients.
- Excellent presentation and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with global teams.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to travel when necessary.
A proven track record from working with sales and to which degree the applicant has relevant experience in High-Performance Computing will drive most applicants’ evaluation for the position. For those with less than the required experience we may consider training an exceptionally interesting candidate—please write us a statement of why that’s you.
If you obsess these qualities and are curious to learn more about this opportunity, please put forward your application and CV. Questions can be addressed to Frode Strømmen, VP Sales at email@example.com or +47 992 12 807.