Compliance Manager ESG
Nordfjord | Full-time | Work location: Lefdal Mine Datacenter
Do you possess excellent organizational skills, self-motivation, and a strong desire to create meaningful change? Are you driven by the prospect of making a positive impact on the environment and contributing to a better world?
Lefdal Mine Datacenter is currently seeking a Compliance Manager ESG to assist us in maintaining and enhancing our ISO standards, GDPR compliance, and ESG initiatives. As the Compliance Manager, you will play a vital role in the operation of one of Europe’s greenest data centers. Your responsibilities will include ensuring that our organization is fully compliant with all applicable laws and regulations, as well as developing and executing ESG reporting to help us achieve our goal of becoming carbon neutral. You will be a crucial member of our team, helping to shape the future and making a positive impact on the environment. So if you are passionate about driving positive change, we want to hear from you!
As the Compliance Manager for Lefdal Mine Datacenter, you will play a vital role in identifying, mitigating, monitoring, and reporting compliance risks in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements. You will work alongside top management to assess the compliance risks that our organization faces and develop mitigation measures to reduce them. This will involve managing all communication with external authorities, regulators, and auditors, ensuring that our compliance function is seamless and efficient. Therefore, your key responsibilities will be:
- Maintaining and continually improving our ISO Standards: ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 27001, and GDPR.
- Performing compliance controls and internal audits on all standards according to plans.
- Developing and performing ESG reporting and leading the process for LMD to be carbon neutral.
- Regularly reviewing and updating objectives to ensure that all compliance risks are properly addressed and covered.
- Identifying compliance risks and LMD’s obligations that require attention and follow-up and providing internal stakeholders with advice on how to mitigate them.
- Creating, following up on, and updating Lefdal Mine Datacenter’s policies and procedures.
- Preparing external regulatory reporting and audits, as well as reports to internal management bodies, including the board.
- Monitoring laws and regulations and assessing their impact on Lefdal Mine Datacenter’s activity.
What does it take to succeed?
We value candidates with a relevant educational background, especially in sustainability, IT/information security/cybersecurity or similar. If you have experience with GDPR, (ISO/ESG) standards, or equivalent qualifications, this will compensate for a lack of formal education. We encourage both recent graduates and those without formal education, but with relevant experience, to apply on equal terms. It is important that you are proficient in English and have good communication skills.
Are you dedicated, self-driven, and result-oriented? Do you have the ability to create and follow your own plans in a well-thought-out manner? You bring a strategic and analytical mindset to the table, capable of understanding the full value chain and driving sustainable business growth. Your proactive approach and solution-focused mindset enable you to achieve results with ease. As a team player, you take pride in fostering a positive and winning culture. Additionally, you simplify complex topics without difficulty, delivering presentations that are easily understandable. Furthermore, you thrive when working independently, taking full ownership of your tasks.
What we can offer!
- A position offering a large spectrum of action and autonomy, allowing to fully use and further enhance your functional, technical, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- The benefits of a small organization (flexibility, ability to make your contribution very visible) combined with the strengths of solid owners.
- A competitive package in line with skills and experience.
- A challenging and interesting job in a stimulating, results-oriented and international environment.
- A unique opportunity to join a growing company on an exciting journey. You will be empowered to shape and influence yours and the teams’ ways of working.
About Lefdal Mine Datacenter
Lefdal Mine Datacenter is one of the leading data centers in Europe. A secure and modern infrastructure, access to 100% renewable energy sources, low power cost, and a highly cost-efficient operation has led the company to win contracts in the private and public sector, with large reference customers such as Mercedes-Benz AG, the Norwegian Research Infrastructure Services, and Sigma2.
Lefdal Mine Datacenter is located in a mountain hall facility at Lefdal in Nordfjord, with a Sales Office at Nordfjordeid. The company has 120.000m2 of space available to build future IT infrastructure in data halls and container solutions depending on customer needs and preferences. The company is growing and has strong financial ownership through Columbia Threadneedle ESIF – a global investment fund (6mrd) which primarily invests in European green infrastructure and Rittal Gmbh – a global supplier of IT solutions, hardware, infrastructure, and cloud solutions.