Chief Project Officer
Nordfjord | Full-time | Work location: Lefdal Mine Datacenter
About the employer
Lefdal Mine Datacenter (LMD) is one of the leading data centers in Europe. A secure and modern infrastructure, access to 100% renewable energy sources, low power cost, and a highly cost-efficient operation has led the company to win contracts in the private and public sector, with large reference customers such as Mercedes-Benz AG, the Norwegian Research Infrastructure Services, and Sigma2.
Lefdal Mine Datacenter is located in a mountain hall facility at Lefdal in Nordfjord. The company has 120.000m2 of space available to build future IT infrastructure in data halls and container solutions depending on customer needs and preferences. The company is growing and has strong financial ownership through Columbia Threadneedle ESIF – a global investment fund (6mrd) which primarily invests in European green infrastructure and Rittal Gmbh – a global supplier of IT solutions, hardware, infrastructure, and cloud solutions.
About the role
Lefdal Mine Datacenter strengthens the team by hiring a Chief Project Officer. Both roles require experience in complex projects, and close cooperation with sales, technical design, and operation. You will be responsible for planning, supplier contracts, progress, and reporting – both financial and technical. This also includes customer dialogue and meetings.
- Plan, manage and lead projects to expand data center capacity in Lefdal Mine Datacenter
- Produce bid documents, distribute, and set suppliers
- Coordinate eco-system of suppliers in build-out phase
- Ensure continuous risk management, change management and deviation management
- Coordinate resource needs and resource access
- Ensure quality in accordance with contractual requirements and technical design
- Report status on progress and finances
- Technical college, university college (Bachelor) or Master’s degree,
- Relevant experience may qualify even if there is a lack of formal education
- Good English skills, in writing and orally
- Hands-on management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated team player
- Structured and result oriented
- Solid analytical skills with ability to deliver simplified presentation of complex topics
- Ability to work autonomously and to take ownership and the full responsibility of the tasks performed
Lefdal Mine Datacenter offer:
- A position offering a large spectrum of action and autonomy, allowing to fully use and further enhance your functional, technical, interpersonal and leadership skills
- The benefits of a small organization (flexibility, ability to make your contribution very visible) combined with the strengths of solid owners and growth
- A competitive package in line with skills and experience
- A challenging and interesting job in a stimulating, result-oriented and international environment
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing company on an exciting journey. You will be empowered to shape and influence yours and the teams’ ways of working.If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, please put forward your application and CV. Questions can be addressed to CEO Jørn Skaane, at firstname.lastname@example.org or +47 48102409.