Considering the purpose and context of the organization, and the condition of the environment in which the company operates, the management of Lefdal Mine Datacenter AS is committed to the continual improvement of the Environmental Management System (EMS), according to compliance obligations, by following the principles and requirements of ISO 14001:2015.
The framework for setting environmental objectives is defined in the Environmental Manual.
All employees of Lefdal Mine Datacenter AS are acting to protect the environment by preventing and eliminating environmental pollution through:
- Continual education in order to prevent environmental pollution, preserve natural resources, and improve the EMS
- Continual raising of environmental awareness
- Exploration of new technology with smaller environmental footprints and improvement of hazardous waste management
- Decrease of nonrenewable energy consumption and replacement with renewable energy sources
- Following environmental procedures in order to decrease environmental pollution, and prevent degradation and damage to the environment
- Have a procurement policy that ensures that energy efficiency will be considered in all significant purchases to our datacenter.
- Decrease of adverse impact on water, soil, air, and biodiversity.
Facility Manager is responsible for communicating the Environmental Policy to all persons working for or on behalf of the organization and making it available to the public.